How to Choose a Gym for Your Ideal Workout
After making the decision to get started on a muscle-building program, the next step is to select a gym to do your workouts in. There are a number of things that you will want to consider as you go about choosing the right gym for you.
By choosing the right gym, you will enjoy your workouts on a regular basis and will definitely see the results that you’re after since you’ll be more committed to getting each session in.
Let’s go over the primary factors to consider when selecting your gym.
- Think about location. It’ll be imperative that the gym is located relatively close by so that you can easily get to it for each workout that you plan to do. Is there ample parking available if you need it.
- Think about the hours of operation. Is the gym open when you plan to go? If you like to work out very early in the morning or late at night, you will definitely want to look into finding a gym that accommodates your schedule. Plenty of Gyms offer 24hr access these days but keep in mind Staff supervision is Limited.
- Assess equipment availability. Are there plenty of cardio machines? How many different weight machine options are there? Try and find a gym with good variety.
- How busy does the gym get? Visit it during the hours you plan to go so that you can see firsthand how busy it is and whether you will have to wait around for equipment.
- Is childcare offered? Those with kids who need to have a sitter will likely want a gym that offers this on site.
- What other services are available? Is there a tanning studio, a juice bar, or a massage therapist? Some people prefer gyms that offer these amenities on site.
- What do the change rooms look like? Make sure they are kept clean on a regular basis or you may not enjoy going to the gym as much as you should. Also look into what kind of secure lockers they have for storing your valuable stuff.
- What are the personal training options available? If you plan to work with someone, make sure you consider this.
- What group fitness classes are available – and is there a fee? Look into the many different group fitness classes that the gym offers to see if there’s something that interests you.
- Is the gym co-ed? Some women prefer female-only gyms so you’ll need to look into that if the gym crowd is a factor in your comfort.
- Membership Specials Most Gyms will have promotions from time to time, and it’s a very competitive market these days so don’t be afraid to ask for a deal. You should be able to negotiate free joining at most Gyms, although they will normally charge you for an access card. If you’re after a cheaper rate for longer term membership check out Gumtree in your area as lots of people sign up to long contracts and then decide they don’t want to go any more then advertise to transfer their membership, which can be at a cheaper rate the current one.
The Bottom Line:
As you scope out the best gym in your area, think about these points carefully as they can influence the fitness and muscle-toning results that you see. Before you sign up for any long-term commitment at a gym, make sure to try it for at least one month.
Even if the fees are higher for that single month, it will be well worth it just in case you don’t quite like it as much as you expected. Getting out of a long-term commitment can be quite a costly process so you need to avoid this as much as possible.
Most Gyms these days offer a free 3 or 7day trial. While this may seem like a short amount of time it will give you a feel for the gym and you can normally decide for yourself weather or not it feels right for you.
The key to using a trial if only short is to not work yourself really hard on the first day or you will find you won’t go back as your body is too sore! So use the time to try all the gear and get a feel for the place, the important thing is to gauge if you feel comfortable there and it has the right atmosphere to make sure you keep going back.
Remember everyone is different and what suits your friend may not be right for you, so base your choice on your likes and needs not someone else’s, after all this is your fitness journey not theirs and you should to everything in your power to make it an enjoyable and successful one.
Once you’ve chosen your gym make sure you hit the ground running with an awesome muscle building program CLICK HERE to get a jump start your Muscle growth!